Every once in a while you encounter a movie that quite literally boggles the mind and brings forth emotions like anger, rage, and befuddlement. Tiptoes (2003) is one of those movies. The gang inducts this Oldman, McConaughey, Beckinsale stinker into The Pantheon of Utter Shit. We try to answer the big question of what bet did these award winning actors lose that forced them to star in this shit bomb.
Tiptoes – Key Points
- How did this movie get made?
- Seriously, how in the hell did this movie 1. attain actors with very distinguished careers and 2. attain the funding for it.
- The studio tried to dress up this movie with a trailer that reframes it as a “Romantic Comedy” yet it still is a very unbalanced and offensive drama.
- This was one of the crap roles that Peter Dinklage referred to in a recent commencement address.
- Oh and you really can only watch this movie drunk to get past the plot holes the size of the grand canyon.
- Actual lines of dialogue from the film
- Rolfe: “Little People Shit.”
- Carol: “So you had a circle jerk with a bunch of little people? I would have loved to see that.”
- Steven: “I need new chromosomes!!” **Punches wall**
- This is quite literally black face with little people
- Gary Oldman is a fantastic actor but this portrayal of a little person is just down right offensive.
- It is extremely difficult to watch the performance and take anything Oldman says seriously due to the fact that he is pretending to be a little person.
- This is another example of white washing in Hollywood. Look at Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the modern film, Gods of Egypt; putting name recognition above character/story.
Notable Movies Referenced