This week, we are breaking through the episode 200 barrier in Yule tide style. We are reviewing what arguably might be the very first slasher film….no we aren’t talking about John Carpenter’s 1978 classic, Halloween. We’re talking about the 1974 Canadian Xmas murder-fest Black Christmas. A movie that gives us party girl Margot Kidder before she became Lois Lane and one of the first roles to feature John Saxon as a police detective; a role that Saxon would literally be in for the remainder of his career (literally he was a police detective in a nightmare on elm street too) . So lock your sorority den mother’s bed room door cause the calls are definitely coming from inside the house as your favorite Cinema Psychos celebrate 200 big ones and ring in the season with Black Christmas!
WATCH BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974)
The following is an affiliate link that does help support the show. https://amzn.to/38qEfmc
MERCH AND ANNOUCEMENTS
Our co-host, John Wooliscroft, has a brand new film channel on youtube. Check it out and Subscribe at J DUB’S VIDEO NASTIES- https://bit.ly/34F0bJo
Use the coupon code “psychosnation” and save 25% on our TeePublic Store!
GEAR WE USE
Want to produce your own podcast? Check out some of the gear that we use. (These are affiliate links, using these do help support the show).
- Brian’s Mic – Audio Technica ATR 2100x – https://amzn.to/3fWks1b
- Brian Audio Interface – Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen- https://amzn.to/39x1ME4
- John and Laine’s Mic- Blue Yeti- https://amzn.to/37po0Fn
- Brian’s Headphones- Status CB-1– https://amzn.to/3fWgnKD
HELP US SPREAD THE MADNESS!
Did you really like this episode? If so consider leaving us a rating, a review, or subscribe!
WAYS TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE CINEMA PSYCHOS SHOW!
- Apple Podcasts- https://apple.co/3pdF3BG
- Stitcher- https://bit.ly/3nICnvC
- Spotify- https://spoti.fi/2JfQKsk
- Pandora- https://pdora.co/2Jh0oei
- Android- https://bit.ly/2WEQVAw
FEEDBACK AND CONTACT US
Got a movie or question you want to throw our way? Or did we trash one of your favorite films and you want to know where to send a dead horse. Either way, drop us a line! We welcome your questions and dead horses.
- NEW !!! Leave us voicemail! – https://bit.ly/3mIWtVh
- Email email@example.com
- Twitter – @psychosshow- https://twitter.com/PsychosShow Facebook – @psychosshow- https://www.facebook.com/psychosshow
- Instagram – @psychosshow- https://www.instagram.com/psychosshow/
- Website – https://cinemapsychosshow.com
- Brian Cottington – @briancottington – https://twitter.com/BrianCottington
- John Wooliscroft – @theunrealjwools- https://twitter.com/TheUnRealJWools
- Laine Wooliscroft – @la_croft- https://twitter.com/La_Croft
- Epicast Network – https://epicastnetwork.com
Theme Music: TITLE: “Red Alert” AUTHOR: Jack Waldenmaier PUBLISHER: Music Bakery Publishing (BMI) WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE MUSIC CONTAINED IN THIS PRODUCTION IS SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. All copyrights, licensing, duplication and distribution rights are held exclusively by Music Bakery Publishing (BMI). 214-636-5887 musicbakery.com