Happy Birthday America! In the spirit of the Fourth of July weekend, we are diving head first into the proverbial puke pile that is Independence Day: Resurgence. Some of the questions we try answer are how can a movie franchise go from having the best movie president (Bill Pulman) to having the absolute worst movie president (Sela Ward). Also, did the aliens finally renew their subscription to Norton Anti Virus or will pornography laced with computer viruses be the hero for earth once again. We’ll find out today!!
Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
Movie makes zero sense
- Supposedly peaceful society without war builds big intergalactic weapons of war
- Where was the resistance sphere alien 20 years ago during the first alien attack?
Missing memorable characters
- ID4’s major draw was an ensemble cast of memorable characters. Resurgence features majority of the characters phoning in performances for 2 hours.
- Vivica A. Fox was literally brought back to die.
- CGI is reminiscent of the Sci Fi Channel Original Movies produced by The Asylum.
- ID4 had a slow burn approach to the effects, no alien explosions until 40 mins in. Resurgence kicks it off right off the bat and leaves the audience feeling nothing.
Worst Movie President…..EVER!!
- Sela Ward quite literally is the dumbest president ever.
- She ignores the advice from the one guy who destroyed the aliens the first time around and shoots a peaceful alien ship.
- Delays investigating the crashed ship instead to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the first alien attack.
No monument to Russell Case (Randy Quaid)
- Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!?!
Ending is terrible
- Major explosion of the alien queen’s ship is cut out. We get a shot of Jeff Goldblum instead…..Seriously, Fuck you Roland Emmerich. You had one job and that was to show explosions and you can’t even do that right.
- President Whitmore (Bill Pullman) sacrifices himself for nothing as the queen survives the explosion of her ship.
- Ending promises the movie that we should have had. Why couldn’t Independence Day: Resurgence be about taking the fight to the alien homeworld? Would have been much more interesting than this pile of garbage.
Subscribe / Rate / Review
Subscribe today to never miss an episode. If you like the show or want to leave a comment, please feel free to give us a quick review. We are always looking to improve and add more to the show and your input is definitely appreciated. Also, join our monthly newsletter to get exclusive content and previews of upcoming episodes.
Calling all Indie filmmakers! We Want Your Movies!
As indie filmmakers, we can appreciate the value of a review of your work. Film festivals, distribution companies, sales agents, etc. all look at reviews and press that a film can get when considering picking up a film. If you are interested in submitting your indie film for review, contact us at the links below with a digital screener of your movie and we will do what we can to feature it on a future episode of The Cinema Psychos Show.