We are flying through hyperspace and dabbling in the dark side in this episode of The Cinema Psychos Show as Brian, John, and Elaine review The Disney monstrosity that is Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
News in Movies!
- Winona Ryder appeared on Seth Meyers a few months ago to comment on the sequel moving forward.
- Is this another example of Hollywood preying on the people’s sense of nostalgia instead of crafting original films?
- Brian also mistakenly thinks that Jeffrey Jones (Lydia Deetz’s Father in Beetlejuice) is dead.
- Doug Bradley, the original Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies, comments via ihorror about his absence in the newest attempt by Dimension Films to retain the franchise rights to the Hellraiser series with Director Gary Tunnicliffe’s film, Hellraiser: Judgement. (Found originally on The Clive Barker Podcast)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Key Points
- At the time of the recording, Star Wars: The Force Awakens had just been pirated (250,000) downloads in the first day.
- Brian, John, and Elaine’s Star Wars fandom
- Product of Hollywood
- Is Star Wars: The Force Awakens a product of the studio novelty of cranking out sequel and spin off over and over again?
- Is there a difference between the commercialism of LucasFilm LTD and of Disney?
- The Film Itself
- Is Force Awakens a improvement over the Star Wars prequels or is it a copy of the original Star Wars?
- George Lucas ultimately created the Summer Blockbuster with Star Wars and ended the Autor Movement of independent film in the 60’s and 70’s.
- Sexism in Star Wars
- Disney removing the Black Series-Slave Girl Princess Leia
- Disney not including Rey in certain merchandising despite Rey being the hero of the film.
- How is Force Awakens borrowing elements from the Extended Universe (Now Star Wars Legends)?