It’s fight night! In a follow up to our first episode, Brian, John, and Elaine dissect “The Chipotle Burrito of Superhero Movies”; Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Can Zack Snyder competently lead the DC Cinematic Universe with the introduction of the Justice League or are we facing a massive cinematic abortion?
News in Movies!
- Brian, John and Elaine pay tribute to the unique comedy of Garry Shandling.
- Hanz Zimmer, the composer whose notable scores include The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and others decides to quit the superhero game after concluding work on Batman v Superman.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Key Points
- Jam packed full of crap
- The movie ultimately is jam packed full of so much fan service and plot threads that it becomes difficult to follow the narrative of the film.
- Inconsistent performances
- Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot do a decent job at portraying a brooding Bruce Wayne/Batman and a warrior Diana Prince/Wonder Woman.
- Jesse Eisenberg, while portraying a different kind of Lex Luther, comes off as a poor man’s Heath Ledger Joker.
- Amy Adams ultimately proves to be unneccesary to the film with little for her character to do amongst superheros, megalomaniac villians, meta humans, and Doomsday.
- Dear Zack Snyder: Lay off the Instagram Filter
- Please stop ruining beautifully shot visuals through a dark brown filter that makes it almost impossible to discern what the hell is happening on screen.
- I thought this movie was about Batman vs Superman????
- Way too early to bring out The Death of Superman storyline.
Notable Movies Referenced